It’s never too early to get excited about a new Disney Princess, no matter how old you are! There is a lot of buzz around the new princess, Moana. So here are a few things you need to know:
1. Lin-Manuel Miranda is doing the music for Moana, and planning to emotionally destroy you. In a Tweet, he revealed one of his songs made his wife teary-eyed, and according to Miranda, she’s not one typically for sobs. Bring the tissues.
2. Johnson, The Rock, yes- the big guy…He will be singing and rapping his songs in the movie. Showing he is always up for a challenge, “Today I will sing, I will rap and do it all in keys that don’t exist — yet somehow make it all sound wonderful to the world’s ear,” was promised on the Stars Instagram
3. She’s unlike other princesses. Moana isn’t out for love- oh no! She has no time for all that mushy stuff- she is a girl on a mission! She is using her navigational skills to find a mythical island that holds the key to saving her family
4. More animal scene stealers- An adorable pig Pau and a rooster named Hei Hei are coming along for the ride. PUA is Moana’s loyal pet pig with puppy energy and an innocent puppy brain.
5. The film brings in plenty of Polynesian mythology. Joining her on the adventure is her hero, the legendary demi-god Maui. Maui is a heroic figure who created the Pacific Islands by fishing them out of the sea.
6. and finally, SHE’S OH-SO ADORABLE AS A BABY!