The Rules of FilmFirst Club

Houston, we have a problem

Here at ShowFilmFirst, we have a pretty laid back ‘wax on, wax off’ kind of attitude. We have always depended on the kindness of others to keep our exclusive club functioning for you. However recently, things have been getting out of hand and some of our members have come to be a little, well… unruly. We don’t want a small minority to ruin the enjoyment of the whole club. So here is a friendly reminder to you of the responsibilities you have as a ShowFilmFirst club member.

1)The first rule of ShowFilmFirst club, Do not talk about ShowFilmFirst club

The tickets you get from us have no ticket price. But we don’t exist to distribute free stuff to anyone that wants it. The tickets you get are for you and you only. They give you exclusive access to great films before they release, because great films deserve being talked about. If we invite you, it’s because we think you’ll enjoy the film. It’s not an open invitation, so don’t post links or codes onto cheap free voucher sites or you’ll find you are no longer invited.

2) We ain’t heard nothing yet

We invite you to see a film, because we think you’ll enjoy it. It is important that you to give us your feedback so we know if we got it right – or not. The future of a film can be shaped according to how our guests react to the film. You are our eyes and our ears and your opinion matters. Please make sure you fill out your feedback report honestly after each film.

3) ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well, do ya punk?

We have very limited tickets and you won’t get an invitation from us every week. Each film has a specific audience we believe it will appeal to and we’ll invite guests based on location, genre and reliability. Making sure your information is correct and up to date will ensure you get invitations to the films that you’ll love. And turning up to the screening, sending your feedback and not posting codes on freebie sites will ensure you keep getting those invitations.

4) E.T. phone home

As part of the club you get – oh, so many juicy extras. We give you a monthly magazine, trailers, tickets, blogs, news, articles and all across a variety of platforms. We’ve got your back, but as a club remember you can contribute too! Check in with us from time to time. Send us a review for the blog, tag us in your snaps on Instagram and just be sociable.

5) Why so serious?

We are a small team borne out of our love for film. We do the best we can, but to make sure we can have our dinner and watch a film ourselves, we won’t reply to messages that are covered in our FAQs page. So if you do want to swap your nan’s ticket for your neighbour’s, or you selected Northampton instead of Southampton, check out the FAQs section first.

6) May the Force be with you

After you’ve seen a film – we want you to brag about being a VIP and seeing it early. We want you to tell your friends and family what films are worth a watch before they even know they’re in cinemas. But remember, no spoilers. You have the power. Use it responsibly.

7) Well, nobody’s perfect

There are rare occasions when a screen is overbooked. There are numerous reasons that this might have happened and generally it’s not of our doing, but no, we can’t squeeze you in if there are no seats left or if the film has started. You are not allowed to stand at the back of the cinema auditorium or sit on someone’s lap. While we understand this may be frustrating, if it does happen please do not abuse the cinema staff or rile other customers. It is unlikely to be their fault. You can email us at help@showfilmfirst.com and we will read it and respond.

Stick to the rules of ShowFilmFirst club, help us keep our club exclusive, spread the word about great films in your social networks, and you’ll continue to get the first invites to see films you love. But if you don’t, we will hunt you down, we will find you, and we will delete you.

Hasta la vista, baby!

Please follow and like us:

One thought on “The Rules of FilmFirst Club

1. Liz N

August 28, 2016 at 4:37pm

#8. Don’t request tickets for every film you can…..it’s frustrating to see people leave a screening after 10 minutes because they clearly don’t like it. You can tell from the preview blurb whether it’s a film for you or not: don’t take a freebie because it’s offered and then waste it – there will have been plenty of people who just missed out on a film they’d love because you’ll take anything that’s free… It’s a privilege to get these free screening opportunities (even though I haven’t had one for months and months, hahaha) – don’t snatch, just take things you think you’ll enjoy and leave the rest for others.

2. Prathna

August 28, 2016 at 4:51pm

Ah man, I love this post! Well said, I will abide by the showfilmfirst rules (scout’s honour). I really enjoy being a member and don’t want to ruin it. Keep up the amazing work

3. Niki bolton

August 28, 2016 at 5:22pm

I love being a member and have seen some great and not so great films. Some years I might see one film, others I get several invites.

4. Carol Bleasdale

August 28, 2016 at 6:35pm

Thank you for this information which I feel is well worth reading. Although I do not get very many invitations, probably due to location, I have thoroughly enjoyed the ones I have used. Keep up the good work guys!
    (PS I haven’t received a newsletter recently so wondered if you could check if I’m still on your list, thanks!)

• showfilmfirstblog

August 29, 2016 at 1:00pm

Hi Carol, thanks for your comment. If you haven’t been receiving newsletters either it suggests you may have slipped through- we think re-registering on our website will be the best way to ensure you are still on our lists. Thanks!

5. Annette Herzer

August 28, 2016 at 10:56pm

I understand all of these concerns. I feel privileged to be a part of the club,and look forward to more invitations to the advanced screenings.

Kind regards
    Annette Herzer

6. Simon

August 29, 2016 at 9:02am

I have been to to few shows this year and I appreciate the emails I recieve. What I don’t understand is that the feedback email is only a few questions. Why don’t you ask more questions to get a better feedback?

• showfilmfirstblog

September 5, 2016 at 7:32am

We find that people only have a certain amount of time to fill in feedback so we try and make it snappy to increase the amount of feedback we get. But please add as much as you want under “any other comments”, we appreciate and read all.

You may want to join our research panel if you have time to give more feedback?

7. Steve gosling

August 29, 2016 at 10:30am

I follow the rules but haven’t had an invite for a film since 2014 “starred up” please tell me it’s not an age thing?
    With statics like mine, no wonder people are becoming unruly.

8. Paul Nolan

August 29, 2016 at 1:34pm

Wow three invites in as meny weeks thank you team, but sadly for me they are all uk Venues, will you be doing anymore Dublin Cinemas soon?

9. ralph25911

August 29, 2016 at 3:20pm

Hi
    I think your points are valid but for some reason there wil be people who will do that.

I’ve re subscribed to notifications again as I have not been receiving much for the past 2 years.

10. Marilyn Mackay

August 30, 2016 at 2:07am

I feel very lucky to be part of the club and have enjoyed going to screenings and other events. I look forward to many future invites.

Kind regards

Marilyn Mackay

Permalink  ⋅ Reply

Your email will not be published. Name and Email fields are required.